Wednesday, August 7, 2013

An Open Letter to Bob Filner (NSFW)

Dear Mayor Filner,

I write this letter not in an attempt to ask you to resign (which we both know you will never do), but to let you know that I, Phat Jim, former San Diego County Democratic Party Central Committee Member, former Publications Director of the San Diego County Democratic Party, Former Member of the California Democratic Party Central Committee, former President of the San Diego County Young Democrats, former Regional Director of the California Young Democrats, am done with you.  Whether you resign, or you are recalled, I don't really care.  I will happily sign the recall petition, and happily vote to recall you.  And Bob (I don't actually care if you mind me calling you that), if that's how I feel, you are in a lot of trouble.

Bob, up until yesterday I thought you were an asshole and a creep.  I knew about you being an asshole, of course.  As someone who worked in or around politics since 1996 (I remember your "Peanuts" stand in the San Diego City Concourse during the 1996 RNC, brilliant, by the way), I knew plenty of now former staffers who winced at use of paperclips that were regular-sized.  Because you would flick them with said paperclips if they ever handed you a paper with them.  I also recall the revolving door of bright, young, and enthusiastic staffers who would last a few months before moving on to something other than politics.  Still, I thought, even if you were an asshole, you did good work in Congress.  Maybe, I thought, in this polarized world of politics, we Democrats need a few assholes too.

And then I learned you were a creep.  As far as the creepiness goes, well, we all know about that now, don't we?  Its become clear to me, Bob, that in sex you play the numbers game.  You hit on as many women as possible, as disgustingly as possible, in hopes that one of them will take you up on whatever you have to offer them. I'm not entirely unfamiliar with the numbers game - every guy who comments on women from their car, or from a construction site, is playing the numbers game.  My friends told me of an old guy at a bar who's pick-up line was "Wanna Fuck?" and witnessed it working occasionally. It only needs to work once right?

With the knowledge that you were a creep and an asshole, I thought that you should resign. But then yesterday happened.  The latest allegations - that you disgustingly hit on two veterans who were VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT, and that told a nurse that if she slept with you, you would help a MARINE GET THE MEDICAL ATTENTION SHE DESERVED FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY.  You fucker.  You cheap, lousy, pathetic loser.  What the fuck were you thinking?  Did you think that these women would get over their Post Traumatic Stress Disorder resulting from being raped by sucking your cock?  Did you think that because you were in a position to help a Marine out, you could extract sexual favors?  You slimy piece of shit, how many others are there?

There are a few of my friends who are upset with you for not resigning because it forced all these women to come forward.  I don't feel that way.  If you had resigned back when Donna Frye first came out with these allegations, we would never have known what kind of pondscum you are.  Having them come forward is the best thing for these women and for the City of San Diego.

So Bob, we're done.  I don't remember if I gave money to you in the past, but if I did, I want it back.  If you see me on the street, don't come up to talk to me, or I'll spit in your face.

Go Fuck Yourself,

Phat Jim

1 comment: