Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why Sarah Palin Won't Win The Presidency. . .

Watch as much as this video as you possibly can



I had to turn it off after the very first sentence. The taunt, "how's that hopey changey stuff working out for ya?" infuriates me beyond reason. Now granted, that's what a good taunt is supposed to do, but in this case, the taunt is completely unnecessary. Its an attack on my principles, on my beliefs, and I'm not even in the room. Rather than take the high road, Palin decided to take a shot not just at Obama, but at his supporters. It was meant as an insult, and I take it as such.

Of course, this isn't the first time Palin went out of her way to attack voters. In her nomination speech, she took delight in attacking community organizers. Now, say what you will about Obama, and his experience, but community organizers work their asses off, for very little money, to improve our country. Fuck you Sarah, I was a community organizer.

Now, prior to that speech, I rooted for Obama on the sidelines. I wrote blog articles about the race, followed the news, but that was about it. Within 24 hours of that speech, I had given Obama $100, and signed up to volunteer on his campaign. And that's why Sarah Palin, no matter how bad things are in 2012, will not win the Presidency - like so many of my fellow liberals, I hate this woman and I hate her because I know that the feeling is mutual. She views me and others like me with contempt - we are dilettantes at best, traitors at worst. Apparently, I'm not even a real American.

Now, its not like I would have voted for Palin anyway, but let's be clear - if Palin is on the ballot, there's no way in hell I'm not voting for Obama, and there's no way I'm not donating time and money to his campaign. And so long as Palin takes joy in taking pot shots at people like me, I won't be alone in that.

2 comments:

  1. I love the righteous indignation...don't get me wrong, I liked her for about 48-hours...and really don't know what I would do if she were on the ballot as the only other choice other than the current Pres...but I love how angry you guys get at her...and Bush...and Cheney...not frustration, not a little irritation...but true, honest to goodness anger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Bush and Cheney, the indignation is more or less earned, whereas with Palin, its purely visceral.

    ReplyDelete